Thursday, May 26, 2005

Second Viewing of Sith

I had the opportunity to catch "Revenge of the Sith" (ROTS) for a second time over the weekend. In short - still an awesome flick, and still in my top two.

I was struck by how much more sad I felt about the demise of the friendship / relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin, as compared to my first viewing. Ewan McGregor gave a stellar performance throughout the film, and on occasion, had the hair on the back of my neck standing on end b/c of the authority in his voice (*thinking of the scene when Obi-Wan commands Anakin to release Padme from the chokehold*).

Ian McDiarmid is scary-excellent as Palpatine / Sidious / Emperor.

I have no doubt that I will probably see this movie another two or three times before the theatrical run is complete. My transformation to complete geek is nearly complete.

© 2004-05 Olen York – All Rights Reserved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home